Using the applicant tracking system (ATS)
In this article you'll learn how the applicant tracking system, or ATS works inside idibu.
You'll be able to move candidates through different stages of the ATS workflow, and add quick notes while doing so.
Something worth mentioning at this point is that although we provide a handful of default status's when your account is set up, the ATS system is completely customisable and incredibly simple to adapt to your business need. If you are the administrator of the account and would like to know more about setting up and adapting your ATS, then take a look at this article.
Accessing the applicant tracking system (ATS)
The ATS area on a vacancy can be accessed in a few ways.
1. From the Vacancy tab just click either the 'apps' or 'candidates' button on the vacancy in question.
2. Or if from inside the vacancy, regardless of the tab you are viewing you can click 'View candidates' to the right hand side of the top bar.
3. From within the vacancy overview page, if you have the 'ATS Breakdown' widget activated, not only can you easily see the number of candidates at every stage in your ATS, but you can quickly take a more detailed look inside the ATS by clicking 'View'.
4. Whichever route you choose, the 'Candidates' tab will open filtered for that vacancy, and the ATS mode will switch on.
Using the ATS
Before we look at progressing your candidates through the ATS, let's get familiar with the layout and where to find all the information you need.
Each stage of the ATS workflow configured in your account is listed on the right hand side:
In the main page, your candidates will be listed underneath each stage of the ATS and displayed in exactly the same order:
Only the stages ticked on the right hand side will be visible in the main page. Any candidates under stages you haven't ticked will not be visible in the main page.
In the main page, you will notice that when you hover over each candidate, additional information such as their social profile links will be displayed:
You will also see quick links to the candidate notes, their CV preview or export page displayed as well. These take you directly to that page inside the candidate record, without the need to first access their profile page by clicking their name:
To the right hand side, the multi-select icon (tick in a circle) is displayed. Clicking this on one or more candidates gives you a selection of different actions you can take at the top of the page such as adding the candidate to another vacancy, talent pooling, multi-tagging, or sending an email or SMS:
Finally, if you wish to add a quick note to the candidate record without leaving the ATS area, you can click the quick note icon which is also on the write hand side:
Once added, brief details of the last note will be displayed to the right of the candidate name.
Progressing your candidates through the ATS workflow
1. You very easily change the status of your candidates inside the ATS and move them to the next stage of the process. You will see their current status displayed as a button underneath their name.
2. Click the status button and select the next status/stage of the process you wish to move them to.
NB: Notice that this doesn't have to be the next status displayed in the list. This means you have a lot of flexibility in how you progress candidates or group those who you have sifted from an application (say into the 'New' status), from those you have pro-actively sourced (from 'Linkedin' or an idibu 'Talent pool' search, for example).
3. Having clicked the relevant status in the drop down list, the candidate will then be displayed further down the page inside that status group. The title of the status group is displayed in red to make it easy to distinguish between status groups.
Switching between vacancies
If you want to switch to the ATS for a different vacancy, then you don't need to return to your vacancy list. A quick short cut is to click 'Change view' and select the desired vacancy from the drop down list.
Viewing your entire candidate pool
Alternatively, if you want to access all your idibu candidates outside of any vacancy workstream, click 'Change view' and select 'Show all candidates '
NB: ATS mode only works inside a vacancy, so when you view 'all candidates' the ATS view will automatically switch off and disappear.