How to use idibu integrated email
In order to use the integrated email service from inside your idibu account, you'll need to have set up your email in the ‘integrated email’ settings area of your account.
The integrated email service allows you to send emails from inside idibu, individually or in bulk. This also means that all your emails to and from candidates can be automatically recorded in the notes on their record.
You can also set up personal email templates.
How many emails can I send at once?
The integrated email service uses your own email account, and is bound by the same rules regarding mail volume. In other words, it’s not designed to be a high volume bulk email marketing tool. It’s designed to make your life easier when sending specific emails to multiple candidates, but in volumes no greater than 50-70* at a time.
(*please note, as different mail service providers have different rules regarding volume this is meant as an approximate guideline).
You can adjust the settings of the integrated email so that all mail sent from inside your idibu account is logged inside the candidate notes, along with any replies. Just as with using your email on a smartphone, the mails you send and receive will also still appear inside your main email account.
TIP: If you’re working from your main email account and sending a mail to a candidate logged in your address book, you can still log the email in their idibu notes. Simply BCC your Maildrop address into the email.
There are a number of ways you can send emails from inside idibu. You can send an email to a specific candidate or to several candidates at once.
In this article we'll walk through:
- Sending an email to a candidate from their record
- Sending an email to one or more candidates allocated to a vacancy
- Sending an email to selected candidates from your wider talent bank
- Sending an email to a specific Talent Pool
- Sending an email using the Candidate Engagement Suite
Sending an email to a candidate from their record
1. Open the candidate profile page.
2. Click the email address.
3. Type your email.
4. Click 'send'.
Sending an email to one or more candidates allocated to a vacancy
One of the times you are most likely to want to send an email is when you are working on a vacancy and progressing candidates through the status/stages you have set up in the ATS. In this situation it's really handy to be able to send a quick mail to an individual, or to several candidates at once.
1. From the candidates page of your vacancy with the ATS mode switched on, you can see all your candidates grouped together by status/stage. To email all the candidates in a specific status, click the email icon to the right of the status header in the main page.
2. When the email pop up appears, notice that the ‘Multi-mails’ feature is ticked by default. This is really important if you want to send individual emails without the candidates knowing that the email message was also sent to other people at the same time.
It makes things much more personal and engaging, and it avoids the horrible use of a bulk BCC email that lacks addressing the candidates by name individually.
3. To ensure each email refers to the candidate by name, as you start to type your message with ‘Hi’ or ‘Dear’ (etc.), click the ‘Insert...’ button in the top right of the text page.
4. Select the ‘firstname’ button. This inserts a mailmerge field which will pull through the candidate’s first name into the email from their idibu record when it is sent to them.
5. Type the rest of your message, and click ‘Send’
Sending an email to selected candidates from your wider talent bank
Sometimes of course want to message a selection of candidates outside of working within a vacancy. You might want to check their current situation or give them a heads up on a pending opportunity that might arise, as a couple of very simple examples. The beauty of the idibu system is that you have a number of ways in which you can segment and filter your candidates.
There are two primary functions in this area - 'Filter candidates' and 'Filter by tag'. Take a look at the linked articles for more information regarding the options available here. You can use these methods separately or in combination with each other.
You can also select individuals from the main page ad hoc by hovering over them and then clicking on the tick in the circle that appears on the left.
This can also be done from within the results of the candidate filtering options described above, for even more targeted messaging.
Whatever method or combination you use, when you are happy with your results scroll to the top of the page and click the email icon in the top right...
...then type and send your message as normal.
TIP: If you aren't ready to send your email right now, you can always create a new talent pool or add these candidates to an existing talent pool. You can then send your message whenever you wish without having to go through the filtering process again.
Sending an email to a specific Talent Pool
Part and parcel of the ability to filter and segment candidates, is being able to allocate them to a particular Talent Pool. Naturally, you can easily send an email to the candidates within any of your Talent Pools - keeping in mind the point we mentioned regarding volume.
1. Click the Candidates tab
2. If the tab is filtered to only show candidates allocated to a particular vacancy then click 'Change view' near the top right of the screen, and select 'Show all candidate' from the top of the drop down list.
3. Click 'View talent pools' and click on the pool you require from the list.
TIP - if the 'View talent pools' button is not visible and you can only see the following options...
... then you still have some candidate filters or tag filters in place. Clear these and the 'View talent pools' button will appear.
4. Click the email icon in the top right of the page, then write and send your message.
Sending an email using the Candidate Engagement Suite
Email is also another communication channel you can use via our candidate engagement suite.