How to set 'hide salary' by default for a user
For some markets or clients, it might be the case that a user or group of users need to hide the salary values most of the time when posting to the job boards.
In this scenario, you can set this by default in the user settings. Doing so will mean that when the user posts their advert, this option will already be ticked on the posting form. (This can be unticked by the users if required). Below, we outline how to update both a single user or users in bulk.
Please note: Some job boards will still require their own 'hide salary' field to be selected when posting. We advise reviewing the settings of your boards, and if you feel it's appropriate making those options 'required' in the settings.
Updating a single user record
1. Go to 'Settings' > 'Users' and find the user record you wish to apply this setting to using the search field.
2. Click the user's name to open the record.
3. Tick the 'Hide salary on all posts' option.
4. Click the green 'Update user' button in the top right of the screen.
Updating multiple user records
1. Either from the 'All users' list, or inside a Group tab, click the grey tick icons to the right of the users you wish to select.
2. Once selected, the ticks will turn green and a 'With selected' option will appear at the top of the screen.
3. Click 'Add a permission' and select 'Hide salary on all posts'.
Adding this default to a user group
Remember that you can also specify default permissions for user groups. Therefore, you can also set this option inside the group so any new users you create and add to the group will have this permission automatically designated. Note that this will only be applied if the user is allocated to the Group during the user creation process. Permissions are not changed on a user record when they are moved between groups or added to a group once they have been created.
1. Select the Group you wish to update at the top of the page.
2. Click 'edit this group' at the bottom of the panel on the right.
3. Tick 'Hide salary on all posts' in the right hand panel, and then 'Save group'.