Setting timezones on your account
There are a number of ways in which timezones can be set up on your account. In this article we will cover:
- Setting a global timezone.
- Setting a group timezone.
- Setting individual user timezones.
- Timezone setting hierarchy.
We strongly recommend reviewing point 4 relating to the timezone setting hierarchy. This is important in order to understand which setting takes priority if you have settings that include a mixture of global, group and/or user timezones.
Setting a global timezone
To set a global timezone which will be applied by default across the whole of the account:
1. Go to 'Settings' > 'System settings' > 'General'.
2. Under the 'General' tab, scroll down to 'Global account timezone'.
3. Find and select the timezone you require from the drop down list.
4. Click 'Save settings' in the bottom right of the page.
Setting a group timezone
Setting individual user timezones
If a user requires a specific timezone that is different from either the global timezone or their user group, then they can set this themselves by going to 'Settings' > 'Your profile & maildrop info'.
They can set their timezone under 'Account profile settings'.
Timezone setting hierarchy
The hierarchy of the settings in each area works as follows.
- If a user has set their own timezone inside their profile, then this will take precedent over any group or global setting. Furthermore, changes made to group and global settings will not affect the setting of the user profile.
- If a user has not set their own timezone, but a timezone has been set for their user group, then this will take precedent over the global timezone of the account.
- If neither a user timezone or group level timezone has been set, then the global timezone setting will apply to that user.