GDPR - Adding a policy footer to your automated email communication
Whether you are simply using our Autoresponder messages, or have signed up for our more sophisticated engagement tools, we strongly advise that you make your candidates aware of your data retention policy via our email footer. This recommendation is made in light of the changes in European Data legislation (GDPR) made in May 2018.
This is a global setting inside the engagement suite which allows you to insert a footer note on every mail sent by the suite. This can be worded in line with your policies and you can include URL links to more detailed policy information, for example the privacy statement on your website.
When the candidate receives any email sent via our engagement suite, this footer will be displayed at the bottom of the message. Beneath that the candidate can click an ‘unsubscribe’ link, should they wish to opt out of further communication. For this reason, it's important to be really clear about your policy and how you intend to work with the candidate's data.
Setting up your email footer
1. Go to ‘Settings’ and click ‘Candidate engagement’ in the drop down menu
2. Click on the ‘Settings’ tab inside the engagement suite.
3. Half way down the page you will see the field marked ‘Footer’
4. When you click into this area, you will see some editing tools appear above the field over the top right corner. These will allow you to insert bold type, itallics, underline and probably most importantly, URL links.
5. When you have added your footer text, click ‘Save settings’
Testing your footer message
1. To test your footer, click on the ‘Messages’ tab and click into one of your activated messages.
2. Click on ‘edit’ in the ‘Write your message bar’...
3. ...then click ‘Send a testmail’ on the left.
4. The test message will be sent to the email address of the user account you are logged into.