Adding job boards for Aggregated Searching
If you have purchased our Aggregated Search service, you can add and configure your job boards in a similar way to our posting setup.
In this article we will cover:
- Adding a job board for searching
- Inputting the board credentials
- Using the default fields
- Group/Sub group fields
- User specific fields
- The 'unordered users' area explained
- Saving your settings
Adding a job board for searching
1. Click on ‘Settings’ and then select ‘Board subscriptions’ from the drop down list.
2. Click on 'Aggregated CV search'
3. You can find and select the board you are looking for either from the drop down list under 'Add a new board', or by typing the name of the board into the 'Search DBs' field.
4. Select the board you require from the list.
5. If you have not previously set this board up on your account, a ‘configuration help’ message will appear. Please ensure you read this message carefully.
The detail varies from board to board, and this is where we will inform you of any key information pertaining to the specific nature of this board’s set up. For example, specific information you need to input into the 'options' field, or if you need to obtain a ‘Recruiter ID’ for your job board instead of using the login details for accessing the board directly.
Also, please note that you may need different board credentials for searching than you use when posting your adverts. Please contact your job board support team or account manager if you are unsure as to the details you need to apply inside idibu.
6. Tick the box to indicate you have read and understood this message, then click ‘Got it!’
On many boards you can access this information at a later date by clicking the ‘view more’ button next to ‘configuration options’
Inputting the board credentials
As with the job boards you add for advert posting, the job board credentials (username and password, recruiter ID, etc) can be allocated at Default, Group, Subgroup, or User level. However, it is your responsibility to ensure such credentials are allocated in line with the terms of your job board agreement.
Using the default fields
We provide a hierarchy for allocating your posting credentials. If you have one set of posting credentials, then adding those to the default fields means that every user can access and post to that job board.
You can allocate specific posting credentials to the users within a Group or Subgroup.
This may be necessary when aligning the credentials with the usage terms of your board agreement, or when a job board is only relevant to the specialist recruiting sector (or location) of the group/subgroup.
To access the Group fields
You can either click the blue 'Groups' button...
...or you can click the blue arrow to the left of 'Default Login'.
The Groups will then appear below the 'default login' fields.
To access the Sub Group fields
Click on 'Sub groups' to expose all the sub groups...
...or the blue arrow to the left of a Group to expose those Sub Groups only. In the screenshot below, clicking the arrow next to 'Bristol' exposes the 'IT' subgroup.
User specific fields
When you want to give access to a board account to a specific user, you can enter the board credentials in the User fields.
To access the user fields either click the 'Users' button...
...or the arrow next to a specific Group or Sub group.
If you do not have Groups/Subgroups set up, then the User Fields will be listed within 'Unordered users' as outlined below.
The ‘unordered users’ area explained
This is simply where you access the credential and quota fields for any users not currently allocated to a Group or Subgroup. Clicking either the 'Groups' or 'Sub groups' button will expose the 'Unordered users' area.
Clicking the 'Users' button will also expose this area, but opened up to reveal all the user records within.
Saving your settings
When you have completed your set up, or just need to save what you have done so far, scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Save Board Settings'.
- Please keep in mind that the same default, Group, Sub group and User hierarchies apply as when adding your credentials for posting. Please also note that as above, for some job boards these options are not available.
- As this area of our system contains sensitive data and configurations based on your job board contracts and internal policies, it is the responsibility of each client to maintain.