Adding job boards for advert multiposting
One of the key areas for setting up your idibu account is adding and configuring your job boards for posting.
Although every job board varies to some extent, the overall setup process is very similar.
In this article we’ll walk you through everything you need to know to set up your job boards:
- Accessing and selecting your job board
- Adding your posting credentials
- Using the default fields
- Group/Subgroup fields
- User specific fields
- The unordered users area explained
- Additional option fields
- Introducing quota settings
- Hiding job boards from specific users or groups
- Saving your settings
Accessing and selecting your job board
1. Click on ‘Settings’ and then select ‘Board subscriptions’ from the drop down list.
2. The ‘Multiposting’ tab should already be selected as shown.
3. In the ‘Search job boards by name’ field, start typing the name of the board you want to set up. You will see a list of possible matches appear in the drop down below.
4. Select the board you require from the list.
5. If you have not previously set this board up on your account, a ‘configuration help’ message will appear. Please ensure you read this message carefully.
The detail varies from board to board here. This is where we will inform you of the key information pertaining to the set up of that particular job board. For example, if you need to obtain a ‘Recruiter ID’ from your job board instead of your using your usual logins to connect the board.
6. Tick the box to indicate you have read and understood this message, then click 'Got it!'.
For most boards, you can access this information at a later date by clicking the ‘view more’ button next to ‘configuration options’.
Adding your posting credentials
By posting credentials, we mean the unique details that allow idibu to access and post to your job board account.
Typically this will be a username/password combination. For some boards this may be a recruiter ID code. If your board uses a different method then this will be explained in the ‘configuration help’ message/area mentioned above.
Posting credentials in the area under 'User profile' and 'Login details':
The next steps depend partly on how your job board account is setup, and partly on personal preference.
Using the default fields
We provide a hierarchy for allocating your posting credentials. If you have one set of posting credentials, then adding those to the default fields means that every user can access and post to that job board.
You can still control the level of posting allowed by these users via quota allocations, and even hide the board from a specific user(s).
If you prefer, you can allocate specific posting credentials to the users within a Group or Subgroup.
This is useful when a job board is only relevant to the specialist recruiting sector (or location) of the group/subgroup. It's also how you can set up different posting accounts belonging to the same board, for example, with different branding or permissions.
Your user groups are listed beneath the 'Default login' area:
To access the Sub Group fields of a specific Group, click ‘Show more’:
User specific fields
When you want to give access to a board account to a specific user, you can enter the board credentials in the User fields.
If you do not have Groups/Subgroups set up, then the User Fields will be listed within 'Unordered users' (see below).
If your users are set up in Groups or Subgroups you will see these fields as you scroll down the page. To access the users in a Group/Subgroup, click ‘Show more’:
The ‘unordered users’ area explained
This is simply where you access the credential and quota fields for any users not currently allocated to a Group or Subgroup.
As with the Group and Subgroups, simply click 'Show more' to access these users:
Additional option fields
At the bottom of the settings area you will find the additional option fields. This is a powerful area for customising the set up of your board. We've explained this in much more detail in our additional option fields article.
Introducing quota settings
An optional feature we provide is for you to be able to control your user postings via quota allocations. You can find out more information in our article on allocating posting quotas.
Hiding job boards from specific users or groups
You can also use the quota system to hide the job board from specific users or groups. Simply add '0' (zero) in the quota allocation and reset fields against the user or group/subgroup required.
The job board will then be hidden for the user(s) during the advert posting process.
Saving your settings
When you have completed your set up, or just need to save what you have done so far, scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Save Board Settings'.
- The job board settings area contains sensitive data and configurations based on your job board contracts and internal policies.
- As always, we will happily provide support by answering queries, but we cannot take responsibility for maintaining this area of the system.
- If you have any questions or need any assistance with your job board setup, then please feel free to contact our support team.