Aggregated search CV watchdogs
If you are using our Aggregated CV Search feature, you may have regular searches that you run on a frequent basis. If this is the case, you're likely to benefit from our CV Search Watchdogs feature. A watchdog can be created as you run a search, and once in place, will send you a daily email of any new candidates that have been added to the boards that match the search criteria. This email will include the free data we were able to obtain from the board for each candidate; the same data that we list in the search results page.
How many watchdogs can be created?
Each user can benefit from up to 10 search watchdogs on their account at any time, and it is exactly the same setup process whether you are using idibu as a standalone product, or from inside your CRM.
When do they run?
The watchdogs will run during late evening GMT, to capture the latest CVs added in both EMEA and APAC. (We will monitor and review this as we continue to expand our operations in the US and elsewhere.)
Setting up a CV watchdog
1. Follow the usual steps to run your search, whether against a specific vacancy, or filtered for 'All vacancies'. This can be managed using the 'Change view' filter.
2. Once you have selected your boards, scroll to the bottom of the page. Above the green 'Search selected boards' button, you will see an option to tick 'Make this search a watchdog'. Tick this box and then click 'Search selected CV databases'.
3. Your watchdog will now be saved, but can be amended at any time.
Accessing your watchdog results
This will mean accessing the full candidate details we obtain from the board. Where they operate a CV credit model, this action will use a CV search credit with that board.
There are two ways in which you can access your watchdog results.
1. You can click on the name of a candidate listed in the watchdog email to access their full details inside idibu.
What if I use idibu inside my CRM?
Note that this link will take you to the standalone version of idibu. If you work with idibu inside your CRM but have accessed idibu from inside there already, then the standalone system will open automatically in a new tab.
2. If you wish to see all of the latest candidates generated by the watchdog, Access the search area, and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click on the 'Watchdogs' Tab, and find the required watchdog in the list. Click on the blue 'Action' button, and select 'View'.
NB: Unlike the 'View' button on the search history tab which only ever displays the original results, the watchdog 'View' will always provide the latest results generated from the last watchdog search.
Amending an existing search watchdog
Access the search area, and access the 'Watchdogs' Tab as described above. Click on the blue 'Action' button and select one of the following 3 options:
1. 'Edit' - This opens the original watchdog criteria and allows you to amend the search parameters for the watchdog. When you have updated the watchdog, click the green 'Save watchdog' button at the bottom of the page.
2. 'Rename' - This opens up the field where we initially display the keywords/boolean terms used. You can then re-label this field to something more descriptive that helps you identify the watchdog in your list more easily at a later date.
3. 'Remove' - This will completely remove your watchdog. As you can have up to 10 watchdogs running at any time, removing old watchdogs will free up space for new ones when you need them.
Why can't I see all my watchdogs in the list?
Watchdogs can be set up during a vacancy specific search, or an 'All vacancies' search. If you cannot see all of your watchdogs on the tab at the bottom of the search page, this is most likely because you are viewing the search filtered to a specific vacancy.
When the 'Change view' filter at the top right of the page is set to 'All vacancies', the watchdogs tab at the bottom of the page will display all of the watchdogs created - including those created against specific vacancies. To do this, click on 'Change view' > 'No vacancies selected':