How to switch off the default statuses in your ATS
It's important to mention that there are three statuses which cannot be switched off:
- 'Applicants' is the operating area for our applicant processing tools. If you do not need these, then you may prefer to disable the ATS altogether.
- 'New' operates as a default status for a number of actions inside the system, therefore it cannot be deactivated.
- 'Keep on file' is the status that stores the applicants you reject for a vacancy but wish to retain in your idibu talent bank.
How to switch off the default statuses
Only users with Administrator status can switch default statuses on or off.
1. Click 'Settings' and then click 'General settings' from the drop down list
2. Click the 'ATS' tab.
3. The statuses you can choose to switch off/on are listed under 'ATS STATUS LIST'.
i. If the button next to the status is green with the switch to the right, then the status is switched on.
ii. If the button is red with the switch to the left then the status is switched off.
4. To switch off a status, click the green button.
5. If you have any candidates currently allocated to that status, a pop up message will alert you to this fact and prompt you to select the status you want to move the candidates to.
You can also see how many candidates are currently held in that status at the top of the pop-up.
This is a global setting so will move candidates against every vacancy and for every user. If you are unsure if you should do this, then seek internal advice from an appropriate colleague.
6. When you have selected the status you wish to move the candidates to, click 'Disable status' to move to the next step.
7. A confirmation pop-up will now appear explaining that this action cannot be undone and that the action will be recorded in the system timeline and our logs. Please read this message carefully. If you are happy to accept responsibility, then type 'ACCEPT' in the box indicated and click the 'DISABLE STATUS'.
8. If you do not have any candidates currently allocated to the status you have selected, you will be taken straight to this latter step.
The status selected and disabled will now be switched off and no longer appear in the ATS list against your vacancies.