Updating user passwords
If a user forgets their password, they can simply follow the forgotten password process to update their password.
However, if you are an account Administrator and need to update the password yourself, you can do so inside the user's record. In doing so, you can also generate a secure email to the user containing their new password.
Updating a user's password
1. Click 'Settings' and then 'Users and permissions'.
2. Find the user either in the main page, the relevant Group, or simply by using the quick search tool. Click on the user's name to enter their record.
3. Towards the bottom of the page you will see a field labelled 'Reset password to...'
4. As you type in the password, an optional tick box will appear allowing you to generate the secure email that forwards the password to the user.
This is entirely optional, but ticking this will forward an email with the password to the user when you save your changes.
(NB: If you want to stop the user accessing the account then you can also simply disable their record)
5. When you are ready, click 'Update user' in the top right of the page.