Local search - searching your talent bank
One of the biggest benefits of idibu is our local search feature. As the candidates you've sourced are easily captured inside idibu, local search means you have a strong and relevant talent bank to check through before you spend money on advertising and external searches.
This talent bank is built from both candidates you've already proactively sourced and engaged with, and those who've applied to your adverts. This is particularly important as statistically, external searches and advertising will often return candidates you've encountered. So idibu allows you to easily capture and search all these candidates.
Local search can run automatically when you add a new vacancy, or can be launched/edited from the vacancy at any time. The resulting candidates can be quickly reviewed and allocated to your vacancy. They can also be added to new or existing talent pools.
Automatically searching when adding a vacancy
1. When adding your vacancy, add keywords or a boolean string into the keywords field.
2. When you've completed the rest of the details you need, click 'Create vacancy' in the bottom right hand corner.
3. idibu will run a local search and return the results directly to your vacancy overview page. This will only take a second or two.
4. Simply click 'View matches' to open the search results page.
5. You can now work through your results, or filter them further using the 'Filter by tag' or 'Filter by skill' options on the right.
6. You can click into a candidate record and review their details by clicking their name, or the 'CV'/'notes' buttons that appear below (if you want to go directly to one of those tabs in their record).
7. To add them to the vacancy from here, click the 'Add to vacancy' button on the right hand side of their record.
TIP: If they've already been added to the vacancy, in place of the 'Add to vacancy' button, you will see 'Added to vacancy' and their status in the ATS in blue text, e.g. 'Shortlist'.
8. You can keep reviewing and adding candidates from here by clicking the 'Previous' and 'Next' buttons in the top right of the page. There's no need to return to your search results page to access another candidate.
What if I want to add multiple candidates at once?
If you want to add multiple candidates to your vacancy directly from the search results page, you can do so very easily.
1. Whether your results have been filtered or unfiltered, select the candidates in question by simply clicking on the large grey tick in a circle that appears to the right of their details.
2. When a candidate is selected the tick turns blue.
3. If you want to select all the candidates on the page, click on the tick in a circle at the very top of the page.
4. When you are happy with your selection, click the blue 'vacancy' button where it says 'Add to vacancy...'
5. A pop up will appear with your vacancy automatically selected, and the default ATS status 'New' (or last status you allocated candidates to).
6. This can easily be changed by clicking the status and selecting a new one from the drop down list.
7. If you wish to add the same candidates to any other vacancies you are working on, simply tick the vacancy or vacancies in the pop up list.
TIP: You can also allocate candidates to a new or existing talent pool at this stage if you wish to as well.
What if I want to edit my search?
1. If you want to edit your local search criteria, click 'Edit search results' near the top left of the page.
2. You will then be taken to the main search criteria page where you can edit your boolean search criteria or location (by town/city, street or postcode)
3. Using our radial search feature you can also specify a radial distance from the address. This means the search will only include matching candidates from within the specified radius of the location.
4. You can also specify candidates within a specific 'last updated' timeline, so you can narrow the results to candidates where there has been activity during the period specified.
5. When ready, click 'Search selected CV databases' in the bottom left hand corner.
Other ways to run local search
A new vacancy search
If you want to run a brand new search from inside your vacancy at any time, click 'Recruiting options'...
...and select 'Search CV databases'.
This will open the 'Search' tab and open the main search criteria page, pre-filtered to the vacancy in question.
When working in another area
If you are working inside a vacancy or the candidates tab filtered to that role, clicking the 'Search' tab will open the main search page filtered to that vacancy.
Accessing or editing a previous vacancy search
Whenever you run a search against your vacancy the search and results are both logged against that vacancy. The number of searches that have been run can always be found in the specific vacancy panel, listed in the 'Vacancy' tab.
1. You can access these at any time by clicking the blue '..search..' button.
2. On the page that opens you will see the previous searches listed. Click the blue 'Action' button to 'View' the search results or 'Edit' the search to generate new results.
3. When in the main search criteria page filtered to a specific vacancy, you will also find the historical searches listed and accessible at the bottom of the page.
A non-vacancy specific search
If you want to run a local search but don't want to record it against a specific vacancy, click the 'Search' tab and then 'Change view'.
Click 'No vacancy selected' and then perform your search.
This is useful if you are just wanting to search for candidates using keywords/boolean terms that you wish to allocate to one or more talent pools