Filtering candidates inside the Candidates tab: Candidate filter
Although we have a powerful keyword searching tool within idibu, there are times when you'll just want to filter your candidates in the main candidate page. You can do this by using the 'Filter candidates' button, and can filter all your candidates from within your Talent bank, or just those within a particular vacancy. You can also use this feature in combination with tag filtering.
In this article we will cover:
- Accessing the candidate filter
- Filtering candidates created by user
- Filtering candidates created by date
- Filtering candidates by name
- Filtering candidates by job title
- Filtering candidates by email
- Filtering candidates by phone and mobile
- Filtering candidates by address
- Filtering candidates by custom fields
- Clearing and updating filters
The free text filter fields will allow you to filter based on a single word or part of a phrase as it is exactly displayed in the field on the record. Note that they are not flexible keyword or boolean search fields. The exception is the phone/mobile field which will compensate for spaces between numbers, so the digits do not have to be entered exactly as displayed on the record.
You can also use multiple filters at once.
Accessing the candidate filter
1. Click the Candidates tab
2. If the tab is filtered to only show candidates allocated to a particular vacancy and you want to filter from all your candidates, then click 'Change view' near the top right of the screen. Select 'Show all candidate' from the top of the drop down list.
3. Click 'Filter candidates'
4. This will generate a pop up screen which gives you the ability to filter on a number of criteria. Again, you can just filter on one criteria or a number within the pop-up.
Filtering candidates created by user
You can filter by the user who created the candidate. In the case of applications, this will be the vacancy owner.
Filtering candidates created by date
You can filter based on candidates created before or after a specific date, or within a specified date range. Click the fields below to select the required date(s).
Filtering candidates by name
This is a free text field allowing you to filter based on the candidate's name, as it is displayed on their record.
Filtering candidates by job title
This is a free text field which will filter based on the information in the job title field on the candidate's profile page. Note that it will not filter other job title information listed in their work history or CV.
Filtering candidates by email
This is a free text field which allows you to filter candidates by email address, written as it is displayed on their record.
Filtering candidates by phone and mobile number
This free text field will allow you to filter by both the phone and mobile number fields at the same time. It will also allow you to insert part of a phone number if you don't have the full details.
Filtering candidates by address
The address field here will only return candidates with the exact word in their address field. If you want to search radially on an address or postcode, then you will need to run a local search across your talent bank using the 'Search' tab.
Filtering candidates by custom fields
If you have any custom fields set up on your candidate records, then they will be displayed here as free text filter fields. Like the other free text fields above, you can filter here using specific words or exact phrases.
Clearing and updating filters
The filters you have selected are represented in grey blocks. To remove any of the filters selected, simply click on the X.
You can also use the 'Clear search' and 'Refine search' options at the top of the page to clear all filters, or update existing/add new ones.