How to save and work with favourite searches
Favourite searches are like search templates that you can apply and run whenever you need to. They work with local search, aggregated search or a combination of both. They can be highly detailed, or basic templates which you apply then add to when recruiting for a specific position.
You can either create them in advance, or save them as you are actively searching.
In this article we will cover:
- Creating and saving a favourite search
- How to apply and use a favourite search
- Renaming a favourite search
- Editing a favourite search
- Removing a favourite search
- Common questions
Creating and saving a favourite search
1. Access the search page, either from within a vacancy or direct in 'All vacancies' mode.
2. Input your search criteria. This can be as detailed or as minimal as you like. However, you will need to ensure you have saved some keyword or boolean terms in the keywords field.
3. If you use our Aggregated Search tool, you can select boards and include any board specific criteria.
4. When you are ready to save your search, click the grey heart icon next to the green search button.
5. The heart icon will turn green and your favourite search has been saved.
You do not need to run the search in order to for your favourite search to save.
How to apply and use a favourite search
You can apply any favourite search to any search you are running. It doesn't matter if you are searching against a vacancy or in all vacancies mode. Equally, it doesn't matter if you saved your favourite search when in either of these modes.
1. Inside the search tab, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'Favourites'.
2. Click the 'Action' button next to the favourite you require, and select 'Apply'.
3. The saved criteria of your favourite search will populate the search page. You can now run your search, or add/change any criteria you wish before doing so.
5. When you are ready, click 'Search selected CV databases' to run your search.
Renaming a favourite search
Your favourite searches will automatically be listed using data added to the keywords field. You may find it helpful at times to rename your favourite search, so the overall criteria and purpose is clearer. For example, in the case of location specific searches.
1. Click the 'Action' button next to the favourite you require, and select 'Rename'.
2. Type the name of your search into the field and click 'Save'.
Editing a favourite search
You can edit a favourite search at any time if you wish to change any of the criteria.
1. Click the 'Action' button next to the favourite you require, and select 'Edit'.
2. The details of your favourite search will appear in the search page in edit mode. You can now change any of the criteria as you require.
3. Notice that as soon as you make any changes, the green heart icon will change back to grey indicating that your changes are not yet saved.
4. To save your changes click the grey heart icon. It will turn green and your edits will be saved.
Removing a favourite search
1. Click the 'Action' button next to the favourite you require, and select 'Remove'.
2. A warning message will appear at the top of your browser page, double checking you wish to proceed. Click 'OK' and the favourite search will be removed.
How many favourite searches can I save?
Each user can save up to 10 favourite searches.
Can I save a historical search as a favourite?
Yes you can. From inside your search history tab, click 'Action' select the 'Edit' option against the required search. You can then click the heart icon to save this search as a favourite.