User creation options when using idibu via a CRM
When you work with idibu inside your CRM, there are a couple of options open to you when it comes to user creation.
In this article, we will talk through the pros and cons of these options, so you can decide the process that works best for your business. We’ll also discuss the best practice to follow when updating any user details.
- Creating users automatically through our user sync process
- Creating users manually
- Updating or changing user profiles
Creating users automatically through our user sync process
When a user inside your CRM first opens idibu inside a vacancy, we automatically search for a matching profile inside idibu using their email address.
If an existing profile is not found, we will create a very basic profile with default permissions. When the user proceeds to post their first advert they will be prompted to complete the rest of their profile details such as address and contact number.
Points to consider
- This process does not allow for any bespoke user permissions to be applied. This would need to be done manually.
- This process does allocate users to different groups or subgroups. This would need to be done manually.
- The user is responsible for the details added to their profile which may appear on some job boards.
Creating users manually
Some clients prefer to create all of their idibu users manually at the same time as setting up the profile on the CRM. When the user first opens idibu we automatically search for and sync their CRM profile with the one you’ve created in idibu.
Points to consider
- This process allows you to set bespoke user permissions during the user creation process.
- You can also allocate them to a group or subgroup, and in doing so automatically apply the bespoke permissions of that group.
- A lot of the manual data input can be saved by allocating the user to a group or subgroup during the creation process.
- There is no need for the user to complete any additional information the first time they post an advert.
- For the above reasons, this method is sometimes better suited to larger businesses with multiple user groups and/or different user permission requirements.
Updating or changing user profiles
Whether the user profile was synced automatically, or created manually, at some point you may wish to change some details in your CRM and idibu. It's important to keep in mind that we do not have the ability to pull user updates from your CRM into idibu. Therefore...
The golden rule is to replicate any changes in your CRM immediately in idibu.
This is because user sync issues will result if key details such as name and email no longer match.