Allocating user permissions
In this article we will look at:
- Allocating user permissions from inside a user record
- Allocating user permissions to multiple users at once
- Setting default permissions in user groups
All of these options start with accessing the users area by going to 'Settings' > 'Users & permissions'.
Allocating user permissions from inside a user record
1. Open the user record by clicking on their name. If you have a lot of user profiles in the account, you can use the name search field in the filter area on the right.
2. All of the available user permissions are listed in the panel on the right hand side. Simple click the tick box against any permissions you wish to allocate or remove.
3. Admin permissions can be found towards the bottom of the page, underneath 'Plugin permissions'.
Allocating user permissions to multiple users at once
1. From the 'All users' area, or inside a Group, you can either select individual users by clicking on the grey tick icons to the right of each user, or 'select all users' by clicking the blue button at the top.
2. Click on the 'With selected' drop down button that appears in the top left of the page.
3. You can now choose to either add or remove a permission, and make your selection from the list that appears to the right.
Setting default permissions in user groups
Setting default permissions in a Group means that when a user is added to the Group during the creation of their record, they will automatically be allocated those permissions.
NB: Post user creation, moving a user between groups will not change the permissions allocated to them.
2. When you have updated the permissions, click the 'Save group' button in the top right of the page.