Using the applicant tracking system (ATS)
In this article you'll learn how the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) works inside idibu.
If you're the administrator of the account, it's worth mentioning that although we provide a default statuses when your account is set up, the ATS system is completely customisable and incredibly simple to adapt to your business need. If you would like to know more about setting up and adapting your ATS, then take a look at this article.
The article covers:
- Accessing the ATS
- Finding your way around the ATS
- Progressing your candidates through the ATS workflow
- Switching between vacancies
- Viewing your entire candidate pool
Accessing the ATS
The ATS area on a vacancy can be accessed in a few ways.
1. From the Vacancy tab just click either the 'apps' or 'candidates' button on the vacancy in question.
2. From inside the vacancy, regardless of the tab you are viewing you can click 'View candidates' to the right hand side of the top bar.
3. From within the vacancy overview page, if you have the 'ATS Breakdown' widget activated, not only can you easily see the number of candidates at every stage in your ATS, but you can quickly take a more detailed look inside the ATS by clicking 'View'.
4. Whichever route you choose, the 'Candidates' tab will open filtered for that vacancy, and the ATS mode will switch on.
Finding your way around the ATS
Before we look at progressing your candidates through the ATS, let's get familiar with the layout and where to find all the information you need.
Each stage of the ATS workflow configured in your account is listed on the right hand side:
In the main page, your candidates will be listed underneath each stage of the ATS and displayed in exactly the same order:
Only the stages ticked on the right hand side will be visible in the main page. Any candidates under stages you haven't ticked will not be visible in the main page.
In the main page, you will notice that when you hover over each candidate, additional information is displayed. You'll see quick links to the candidate notes and CV preview.
These take you directly to that page inside the candidate record, without the need to first access their profile page by clicking their name:
To the right hand side, the multi-select icon is displayed:
Clicking this on multiple candidates allows you to move the selected candidates to a new status in one action, by selecting 'assign status' at the top of the page.
Finally, if you wish to add a quick note to the candidate record without leaving the ATS area, you can click the note icon below the multi-select.
Progressing your candidates through the ATS workflow
1. To move a candidate to the next ATS stage in your process, click their current status displayed underneath their name.
2. Select the next status you wish to move them into. This doesn't have to be the sequential, so you can move your candidate to a later stage in the process if appropriate.
3. Having clicked the relevant status in the drop down list, the candidate will then be displayed further down the page inside that status group. The title of each status is displayed in red to make it easy to distinguish between status groups.
Switching between vacancies
If you want to switch to the ATS for a different vacancy, then you don't need to return to your vacancy list. A quick short cut is to click 'Change view' and select the desired vacancy from the drop down list.
Viewing your entire candidate pool
Alternatively, if you want to access all your idibu candidates outside of any vacancy workstream, click 'Change view' and select 'Show all candidates '
ATS mode only works inside a vacancy, so when you view 'all candidates' the ATS view will automatically switch off and disappear: