How to use idibu integrated email
In order to use the integrated email service from inside your idibu account, you'll need to have set up your email in the ‘integrated email’ settings area of your account.
The integrated email service allows you to send emails from inside idibu, individually or in bulk, using your own email account. This means that all your emails to and from candidates can automatically be recorded in the notes on their record. You can also set up personal email templates.
There are a number of ways in which you can email candidates. In this article we'll cover:
- The number of emails that can be sent at once
- Sending an email to a candidate from their record
- Sending an email to one or more candidates allocated to a vacancy
- Sending an email to selected candidates from your wider talent bank
- Sending an email to a specific Talent Pool
The number of emails that can be sent at once
The integrated email service uses your own email account, and is bound by the same rules regarding mail volume. In other words, it’s not designed to be a high volume bulk email marketing tool. It’s designed to make your life easier when sending specific emails to multiple candidates, but in volumes no greater than 50-70* at a time.
As different mail service providers have different rules regarding volume this is meant as an approximate guideline.
You can adjust the settings of the integrated email so that all mail sent from inside your idibu account is logged inside the candidate notes, along with any replies. Just as with using your email on a smartphone, the mails you send and receive will also still appear inside your main email account.
Sending an email to a candidate from their record
1. Open the candidate profile page.
2. Click the email address.
3. Type your email.
4. Click 'SEND EMAIL'.
Sending an email to one or more candidates allocated to a vacancy
When you are working on a vacancy it's really handy to be able to send an email to an individual, or several candidates at once.
1. From the candidates page of your vacancy with the ATS mode switched on, you can see all your candidates grouped together by status/stage. To email all the candidates in a specific status, click the email icon to the right of the status header in the main page.
2. When the email pop up appears, notice that the ‘Multi-mails’ feature is ticked by default.
If you are sending a mail to more than one candidate, DO NOT untick this option, as this could lead to unauthorised sharing of personal data.
3. To ensure each email refers to the candidate by name, as you start to type your message with ‘Hi’ or ‘Dear’ (etc.), click the ‘Insert...’ button in the top right of the text page.
4. Select the ‘firstname’ button. This inserts a mailmerge field which will pull through the candidate’s first name into the email from their idibu record when it is sent to them.
5. Type the rest of your message, and click ‘Send’
Sending an email to selected candidates from your wider talent bank
From the main candidates tab, when not in vacancy view mode you can select a group of candidates using the candidate filter, or filtering by tag. You can use these methods separately or in combination with each other to find the candidates you wish to email.
You can also select individuals from the main page ad hoc by hovering over them and then clicking on the tick in the circle that appears on the left.
This can also be done from within the results of the candidate filtering options described above, for even more targeted messaging.
Whatever method or combination you use, when you are happy with your results scroll to the top of the page and click the email icon in the top right...
...then type and send your message as normal.
Sending an email to a specific Talent Pool
Part and parcel of the ability to filter and segment candidates, is being able to allocate them to a particular Talent Pool. Naturally, you can easily send an email to the candidates within any of your Talent Pools - keeping in mind the point we mentioned regarding volume.
1. Click the Candidates tab
2. If the tab is filtered to only show candidates allocated to a particular vacancy then click 'Change view' near the top right of the screen, and select 'Show all candidate' from the top of the drop down list.
3. Click 'View talent pools' and click on the pool you require from the list.
4. Click the email icon in the top right of the page, then write and send your message.
The same rules apply here regarding the number of emails your provider will allow you to send at once (as mentioned at the start of this article). If there are too many candidates in the Talent Pool to send the message, review the list and remove candidates as required.