Ad Manager 2.0: Reposting your adverts
Having posted out a vacancy advert to a selection of your job board and social sources, you might need to repost the advert again. This could be because the advert has expired, need editing if the job board allows that, or you just need to post the same advert to a different board or source.
In this article we'll show you how to repost your existing adverts, including making any edits to improve your candidate response.
Before we begin though, please note that this is a different workflow to the 'Post a new advert' option accessed via the 'Recruiting options' button inside your vacancy. You should only follow that process if you want to create a brand new advert with a unique reference number.
Here's an article which outlines the difference between 'Reposting' and 'Post a new advert', and occasions when you might prefer to use the latter.
Selecting the adverts you wish to repost
To access and work with your full list of adverts, click on the Adverts tab at the top of the page.
If you are looking to repost adverts for multiple vacancies, you can use the filters at the top of the page to quickly condense the adverts displayed as required.
If you just want to repost the adverts for a specific vacancy, you can either use the title/reference search field.
If you are inside the vacancy you can simply click on the Adverts button there.
Doing so will open the Adverts tab filtered to your vacancy.
Reposting your adverts
There are two types of reposting options you can choose from:
- Quick repost
‘Repost’ is the best option to select when you want to edit any aspect of the advert text or criteria during the reposting process, or if you want to change some board specific details. For example, you might want to change how the board categorises the advert, select a premium posting or change the duration of the posting. You may also want to post to a board or social destination not previously selected.
To repost your advert:
1. Having filtered to the advert you require using one of the methods described above, either tick the box in the top left hand corner…
or expand the advert panel…
...to select one or more of the posting destinations from the list.
2. Click the ‘Action’ button in the top right of the advert panel, and select ‘Repost’ from the drop down list.
3. The advert edit page will open, displaying the text details as previously posted. You can now make any required edits and/or move to the next stage and select your posting destinations.
‘Quick repost’ is as it sounds - the fastest way to repost your advert(s). It is the perfect option to use when you don’t wish to edit the advert or posting durations.
It is also perfect when you want to repost multiple adverts to all or some selected destinations they were previously posted to.
To quick repost your advert:
For a single advert...
1. If you are quick reposting a single advert, then as above either click the global selection box in the top left of the panel (to quick post to all previous destinations), or expand the advert panel and select specific destination(s)
2. Click the ‘Action’ button and select ‘Quick repost’.
3. A message will appear at the top of the page confirming the advert and posting destination(s) you have selected. Click ‘Continue’ and your advert will be posted to the destination(s).
For multiple adverts...
1. Remember, you may find this most efficient if you have already filtered the adverts page using the criteria that best matches the adverts required.
You can now work your way through the list of results, selecting the adverts you wish to quick repost.
2. You can do this by either using the global selection boxes on each advert panel (to post to every destination the advert was previously posted to), or by expanding the advert panel and selecting specific destinations.
3. Once you have completed your selections, you simply click the nearest Action button in the adverts list, and select ‘Quick repost’.
4. A message will appear at the top of the page confirming the adverts and destinations you are about to quick repost to. To proceed, click ‘OK’ and your adverts will be added to the posting queue.
Any adverts you have reposted will be labelled as pending until their posting has been confirmed as successful.
IMPORTANT: If you have used our advance posting service (allowing you to post at a specific date and time in the future) then your adverts will be marked as pending until they go live after this point. If you wish to check the date that an advance posting is scheduled for, click on the actions button and open the history panel.